The facility accepts patients from the following sources: self, family, hospitals, employers, physicians, courts, social services, mental health professionals, other outpatient treatment providers and concerned individuals. Business hours for scheduled admission and appointments are normally from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., seven days per week. However, inquiry services are provided on a 24 hours per day, seven days per week basis.
All prospective patients are treated with respect dignity and courtesy and are seen as soon as possible after the initial inquiry.
The initial pre-admission assessment is provided to determine the appropriateness of the individual for the levels of treatment offered, by WMBH.
Our admissions professionals are responsible to conduct an initial telephone inquiry. Information will be gathered on the potential problem and an assessment will be appropriately scheduled. Admission is based on American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) criteria.
PREPARING TO BE ADMITTED
In order to help facilitate a smooth as possible admission, we request the following:
Patients are encouraged to have:
Patients cannot have:
- Photo ID (required – not optional)
- Insurance card
- Long distance calling cards for phone calls unless they can call collect
- Enough clothing for 7 – 10 days (WMBH has washers and dryers that are free and we provide the laundry detergent). The clothing can be whatever the individual feels comfortable wearing. Pajamas and slippers are not permitted to be worn throughout the day, patients need to get dressed to attend activities.
- Toiletries will need to be brought by the patient, WMBH does not provide toiletries
- Co-pay if applicable
- Beepers, cell phones, i-pods, MP3 players, laptops, electronic devices, etc.
- No outside food or drinks, gum, candy, etc.
- No short shorts, low cut shirts or revealing clothing
- No clothing advertising or promoting or glamorizing drugs and/or alcohol
- No books, magazines or newspapers unless they are NA, AA or religious materials